EASING OF RETRICTIONS
As restrictions start to ease across Australia mlcoa would like to reassure our customers, that the safety of our clients, staff, and consultants, remain paramount. As a business dealing in healthcare, mlcoa have protocols in place to mitigate risk and look after our people, our customers and the people we are supporting with services.
We continue to take a conservative approach, monitoring and following the respective State Government Health advice, whilst practicing strict COVID-19 health and safety requirements to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19 among our people and communities.
At mlcoa our focus will remain on smart triaging and identifying the best and safest method of assessment for each person, that is clinically appropriate, and risk managed.
Whilst we expect an increase in face-to-face assessments, we would like to reassure you that, telehealth assessments, continue to be a safe, efficient, and flexible solution, that bridges the distance to a medical specialist.
On-site peace of mind
At each of our locations we have implemented a range of measures to safeguard all our visitors, team members and medical consultants. Our premises are operating with robust screening protocols. We screen all visitors, along with any support persons who may be in attendance with them. Current protocol is to ask the following screening questions to all people attending our offices:
- Have you or anyone within you household, visited any of the currently listed exposure sites nationally or travelled internationally in the past 14 days?
- Are you or anyone within you household currently experiencing any cold or flu symptoms?
- Have you or anyone within your household had a COVID-19 test in the past 7 days?
- Have you or anyone within your household been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you undergone COVID19 Vaccinations?
- We encourage our customers to address the screening criteria with their clients as far in advance as possible. We do this again through a reminder process, and upon arrival to our premises, our front of house team member will again screen against the same criteria.
- Appointments do not proceed for any identified risk and upon consultation with our customers, appointments for such individuals can be rebooked after a fortnight.
We operate with robust management protocols in line with expert advice on good hygiene, social distancing and other authoritative information for the health sector. Our signage throughout our premises also supports hygiene, behavioural and social distancing messages.
State Specific Requirements
For any visitors attending our premises, we have implemented the following requirements in line with Government Health advice. Please note that if any person is medically exempt from wearing a face mask, we ask that they bring documentation advising of this when visiting our locations that require a face mask to be worn.
For all states and territories as part of our COVID screening, the vaccination status of the person being assessed will be requested to be provided to us prior to an appointment. At that point in time, in following Government guidelines, vaccination status will not affect a scheduled appointment going forward.
Here’s what else we are doing:
- mlcoa’s parent company, MedHealth, has a dedicated working group continuing to share information, optimise our preparation, and manage any issues that may arise from the COVID-19 outbreak. Our approach, planning and protocols in relation to COVID-19 can be viewed here. We monitor advice from the Health, Work Safety and Government authorities, adapting our plans to align with any updates.
- We have provided our medical consultants with recommended guidelines for conducting physical examinations in a manner that will limit the risk for all parties involved, including your client. Please click here for further details of mlcoa’s protocol to safeguard our visitors and clients.
- We have developed a frequently asked questions document for clients coming to our offices which can be found here.
- If any of our team members are unwell, we ask they do not come into the office. This is for any illness, whether respiratory or not. It is an especially important principle at the moment.
- We are following all Australian Department of Health guidelines on travel and self-imposed quarantine.
COVID Matters Newsletter
We know keeping up with the latest evidence-based information on all matters COVID can be time-consuming and even mentally tiring. Our Research & Innovation team are tracking COVID-related studies and pulling out the information kernels for you; reading through the evidence to ascertain what Australian workplaces most need to know. Click here to view our COVID Matters Newsletters to date.
Talk with us
A big part of dealing with uncertainty is to talk and stay flexible. Let us know what type of services best meets your needs right now so we can assist to make suitable arrangements. And if things change, and you change, we will adapt again. As we always have been, we are here for you.
Please do not hesitate to contact your local mlcoa team on:
P: 1800 652 621