mlcoa International Services is a dedicated team of mlcoa staff who facilitate the delivery of independent medical assessments for injured or ill individuals residing overseas.
We recognise the challenges associated with organising an assessment overseas including for example, trying to locate a suitably qualified medical expert and ensuring they understand the requirements associated with your request, working with varying time zones and navigating language barriers or different judicial standards. So, if you are assisting an individual located overseas and need them to be medically assessed, we can help.
What we can do for you
As part of the ExamWorks Group we can connect you with medical experts in New Zealand, the United States of America, the United Kingdom and Canada. We also have a growing network of specialists in locations such as Asia, Europe and India. If you require an assessment in an alternative country, we will liaise with our international connections to source a suitable medical expert for you.
Once we have sourced a specialist we can also:
- Guide the medical expert to ensure they understand your requirements and are able to deliver a report in a format which meets Australian judiciary standards.
- Deliver an assessment where appropriate via secure video conference, utilising an appropriately qualified mlcoa consultant based in Australia.
- Liaise with the individual (with your consent) to set up a suitable appointment date and time.
- Arrange for further investigations (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRI, CT scans, pathology) to be conducted.
- Source an interpreter for the assessment and or translation of the documentation.
- Assist with your letter of instruction and/or provide guidance around what file material to include.
- Quality review the report before it is finalised to ensure your instructions have been followed and your questions have been answered.
- Organise a supplementary report when applicable.
- Guarantee privacy and confidentiality.
Before any services are performed, we will provide a fee estimate converted into Australian dollars, for your consideration and approval.
Our time frames to deliver an independent medical report can vary from 2 to 8 weeks from time of appointment, depending on the location and complexity of the assessment. We work closely with you and our network of medical experts to ensure services are as timely as possible and meet your requirements.
Like to know more?