As a business dealing in healthcare, mlcoa already have protocols in place to mitigate risk and look after our people, our customers and the people they are supporting with services. We are constantly reviewing and revising this as the current coronavirus pandemic continues to unfold in Australia. We are continuing to take a conservative approach and precautionary measures across our business in response to this unprecedented crisis to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19 among our people and communities.
Keeping our customers, clients and team members safe remains our number one priority.
On-site peace of mind
mlcoa has remained open nationally throughout the crisis. At each of our locations we have implemented a range of measures to safeguard all our visitors, team members and medical consultants.
Our premises are operating with robust screening protocols:
- We screen all visitors, along with any support persons who may be in attendance with them. Please click here to learn more about our screening criteria and protocol.
- We encourage our customers to address the screening criteria with their clients as far in advance as possible. We do this again through a reminder process, and upon arrival to our premises, our front of house team member will again screen against the same criteria.
- Appointments do not proceed for any identified risk and upon consultation with our customers, appointments for such individuals can be rebooked after a fortnight.
We operate with robust management protocols in line with expert advice on good hygiene, social distancing and other authoritative information for the health sector. Our signage throughout our premises also supports hygiene, behavioral and social distancing messages.
For any visitors attending our premises in Victoria, a mask must be worn upon entry and if for some reason they do not arrive with a mask, we will be able to issue this to them.
Here’s what else we are doing:
- mlcoa’s parent company, MedHealth, has a dedicated working group continuing to share information, optimise our preparation, and manage any issues that may arise from the COVID-19 outbreak. Our approach, planning and protocols in relation to COVID-19 can be viewed here. We monitor advice from the Health, Work Safety and Government authorities, adapting our plans to align with any updates.
- We have a dedicated COVID-19 hotline in place for our people. Delivered by Cogent Thinking, the hotline service triages any potential instances of COVID-19 exposure and provides instant advice to our people. For example, should a client present at our premises with any potential exposure to COVID-19, our team member calls the hotline for advice on next steps, while also immediately isolating the individual in question, ensuring mask use and supporting them to mitigate risk as they travel home to seek medical support via telephone. The appointment does not go ahead if there is any identified risk.
- We have provided our medical consultants with recommended guidelines for conducting physical examinations in a manner that will limit the risk for all parties involved, including your client. Please click here for further details of mlcoa’s protocol to safeguard our visitors and clients.
- We have developed a frequently asked questions document for clients coming to our offices which can be found here.
- If any of our team members are unwell, we ask they do not come into the office. This is for any illness, whether respiratory or not. It is an especially important principle at the moment.
- We are following all Australian Department of Health guidelines on travel and self-imposed quarantine.
Flexible solutions available
mlcoa has developed a range of desktop and telehealth solutions to continue to assist you in your claims, health and employment matters. Please click here to learn more about our approach to telehealth and how it may assist you.
Talk with us
A big part of dealing with uncertainty is to talk and stay flexible. Let us know what type of services best meet your needs right now so we can assist to make suitable arrangements. And if things change, and you change, we will adapt again. As we always have been, we are here for you.
Please do not hesitate to contact your local mlcoa team on 1800 mlcoa1 (1800 652 621) or via firstname.lastname@example.org