As part of the ExamWorks group of companies, mlcoa has international connections to assist our clients with overseas independent medical examinations in the USA, Canada, UK and New Zealand.
mlcoa coordinates the service ‘end to end’, maintaining the same level of customer service and quality assurance provided in Australia.
How it works
1. Contact mlcoa’s Client Services Officer for International Appointments via email or by phone by
calling (08) 8212 9119.
2. Provide us with your requirements by completing an International Services Appointment Request Form.
3. Our dedicated Client Services Officer will research the most appropriate specialist available in close
proximity to your claimant.
4. Forward the CV and quote for fees to you for your approval.
5. Book the appointment and advise you of the date, time and location. We can also assist with confirming the claimant’s attendance.
6. Coordinate the provision of the report in 10 days once it has passed mlcoa’s Quality Assurance process to ensure it meets the appropriate Australian requirements.
In which overseas countries can mlcoa conduct Independent Medical Examinations?
mlcoa can arrange assessments across a broad range of medical specialties in the USA, Canada, United Kingdom and New Zealand.
Who will be my mlcoa contact person?
How will I know who is conducting the Independent Medical Examination?
mlcoa will provide a CV of the most appropriate specialist available for your approval.
What information do you require from clients?
- The claimant’s details including name, address, phone number and email address.
- The type of assessment required, for example a Permanent Impairment, and the nature of the injury or medical condition.
- A Letter of Referral and medical documents at least two weeks prior to the appointment to enable us to forward them overseas to the chosen specialist. We suggest a four to six-week lead-in to the appointment date.
What costs are involved?
mlcoa will give you an approximate quote of the costs involved which will need to be approved prior to the appointment being booked. The complexity of the case and remoteness of location will play a part in determining the cost. The fee quoted will include costs for the examination and report, late cancellation and failure to attend fees.
How do I know if I will get a quality report?
mlcoa can offer you the same high quality report internationally that we offer in Australia. All reports pass through mlcoa’s Quality Assurance process prior to being released to ensure they comply with our clients’ legal and legislative requirements.