At mlcoa we provide workplace relevant, outcome-based medical education and training services tailored to your needs. Our accredited programs are designed to equip you with relevant medical knowledge and understanding.
mlcoa offers industry-accredited OnBalance training courses and tailored education sessions for our clients.
mlcoa’s OnBalance Training
mlcoa’s OnBalance courses are accredited with the Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance & Finance (ANZIIF) and the National Insurance Brokers Association of Australia (NIBA) and include:
- Understanding Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Understanding Psychiatric Illness
Our OnBalance courses are available at specific times throughout the year. Check the ‘News & Events’ page for the next available course.
Understanding Psychiatric Illness Course
1 day, ANZIIF: 8 CIP points, NIBA: 5.5 CPD points
Enjoy this dynamic, full day forum with a Psychiatric Specialist defining psychiatric conditions, including common causes, diagnosis, aggravating factors and treatment strategies. Explained using easily understood terms, the course encourages open questions from participants and investigates many case studies relevant to managing workplace injuries.
The course includes:
- 16 common psychiatric conditions
- Relevant stressors & treatment strategies
- Causation & diagnosis
- Commonly used psychiatric terms
- Psychiatric assessment tools & intervention strategies
- The psychiatric consultation & reports
- Medications used in psychiatry & their side effects
- Appropriate questions to ask psychiatrists
Understanding Musculoskeletal Injuries Course
1 day, ANZIIF: 8 CIP points, NIBA: 6 CPD points
Gain new insight into the musculoskeletal system and improve your medical terminology and understanding of injuries and related medical conditions. The course is packed full of practical exercises such as interpreting x-ray results, hands-on exploration of knee and shoulder injuries and demonstration of a functional capacity examination.
This course is clearly focussed on its application to the workplace and includes:
- Terminology of human anatomy
- Common conditions, injuries & their causes
- Structure & function of the spine, upper & lower limbs
- Diagnosis & treatment of the spine, upper & lower limb conditions
- Recovery timeframes
- Explanations about pain clinics & pain management
- Medical specialties & investigations
- Free take-home book of anatomical charts
mlcoa’s speciality course workbooks are yours to keep for future reference. The workbooks can assist with:
- Ideal workplace reference
- Clear diagrams & full labels
- Defines injury causes, symptoms & diagnosis
- Explores treatment options & recovery timeframes
- Free links to online support
To register your interest in any of these courses or for more information, please contact mlcoa in your local state or territory.
Tailored Education Sessions
We also offer tailored education sessions for our clients, delivered by our highly qualified medical specialists.
Sessions include the following topics:
- Bullying & harassment in the workplace
- Drugs & alcohol issues in the workplace
- DSM 5
- Medical & injury management strategies
- Medical terminology
- Medicalisation of workplace issues
- Mental health awareness
- Maximising the benefit of an independent assessment
- Resilience in the workplace
- Stress in the workplace
- Understanding pain
Contact your local mlcoa office to find out more.